Manufacturing Excellence 2020
Manufacturing Excellence – MX Award 2020
Ladies and gentlemen, dear friends and members of the MX network,
in order to maintain production in times of pandemic protection, all those responsible have done a great job. Special measures to ensure the availability of people, materials and machines had to be taken by all those involved in the corporate value chain. Agility, resilience and health protection became the maxim for action in a new way.
Despite these challenges and despite the resulting limitations, it was possible to carry out the on-site audits of this year’s MX Award applicants from mid-September to early October – naturally in compliance with all the necessary protective measures. A big thank you goes out to the assessors who made the trip, to the applicants and their staff who opened their doors to the MX assessors, and to the jury members who had to forego a “personal” session due to the increasing number of Covid-19 cases, but who discussed digitally as dedicated as ever. No wonder, because the decision paper produced by Dr.-Ing. Daniel Roy and his team was brilliant and made decisions possible even from a distance.
The jury has selected the following winners this year. These are listed below in alphabetical order, without naming the categories or the overall winner, as the suspense should be maintained until the awards ceremony:
- Apra-Norm Elektromechanik GmbH, system supplier, developer and producer of racks, cabinet and housing systems made of metal and plastic for high-tech electronic applications in measurement and control technology, mechanical engineering and safety and medical technology.
- Hilti AG – Plant 1, Schaan / Liechtenstein, tail unit for elements and accessories for industrial fastening and assembly technology, from small parts to toolmaking, with expertise in shaping technologies, powder metallurgy and assembly, from development to production.
- Leesys – Leipzig Electronic Systems GmbH, Electronic Engineering and Manufacturing Service Provider, whose spectrum ranges from development to component and system production, with customers in the automotive, industry, smart city, smart home and healthcare sectors.
- Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Berlin GmbH, “Gilette”, consumer goods producer with manufacturing and component assembly, from crude steel processing to powder granulate application to the final product, with the highest customer demands despite mass production and worldwide sales.
- Rohde and Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG, Teisnach plant, manufacturing center for mechanics, electromechanics, printed circuit boards, large scanners and communication systems with development, design and service services, operating as OEM and 1st-tier supplier in the market.
In consultation with assessors, board and jury members and with the representatives of the winners, the MX Award 2020 has been unanimously decided to
Thursday, 28 January 2021, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
The MX Award will be combined with an MX Dialogue (mornings to early afternoons) to provide impulses and ideas from current developments and best practices. The event will be “hybrid” – with a limited number of participants on site and many digitally connected participants. If the presence part of the event cannot take place due to pandemic regulations, the event will be held purely digitally. Such a decision can be made at very short notice; it is based on the statistics of the RKI and official bids. The venue is currently still open and will be announced as soon as possible.
We ask you to save the date in your calendars already today. The event on January 28th is also the kick-off for the MX year 2021. The application period will then start anew and we are already looking forward to exciting candidates from production areas of various industries.
One of the most important goals of the MANUFACTURING EXCELLENCE initiative is to maintain and secure value creation in Germany.
Knowledge and experience are exchanged in the MX network. Experts meet to learn with and from each other. Benchmarks provide orientation in order to assess one’s own competitiveness. Those who are competitive secure jobs – even in high-wage Germany. The fight against Covid-19 has overshadowed many of the “usual” challenges – and they are all still there. In 2020/2021, for example, MX will once again focus on making a contribution not only to maintaining production, but also to constantly developing its processes and structures.
Stay healthy, confident and brave.
Together, we will also make this time.
Dr.-Ing. Daniel Roy
Project Manager MX Award