Increasing product complexity and variety, decreasing value-added depths as well as complex and internationally networked supplier structures lead to high coordination and control costs in manufacturing companies. Short-term bottlenecks lead to additional costs due to reactive measures such as air freight and to revenue losses due to production interruptions.
The causes of supply bottlenecks can have many different causes along the entire supply chain. With a systematic analysis, the ITCL supports the determination of the core causes of bottlenecks that have occurred and the derivation of measures.
Selection of characteristic bottlenecks - Structured definition of the scope of analysis
With our process and branch expertise we support the selection of characteristic bottlenecks
- Determination of the scope of the analysis (planning and operational processes taken into account, period under consideration, interfaces to suppliers under consideration)
- Identification of characteristic bottlenecks for different supply chain configurations to cover a wide range of bottleneck causes (e.g. house and purchased parts, single- and multi-sourcing)
- Differentiation of the analysis procedure according to the characteristics of the bottleneck (e.g. with regard to the integration of suppliers or the period under consideration).
Detailed analysis of bottlenecks<strong> - </strong>well-founded determination and consolidation of causes
We offer a neutral, interdisciplinary analysis of core causes of bottlenecks.
- Conducting interviews with specialists and managers from the affected divisions (e.g. program planning, sales, purchasing, scheduling)
- Analysis of available data, planning fundamentals and documentation
- Aufbereitung der zeitlichen Entwicklung und Abgleich dezentraler Informationsstände zur Darstellung des Material- und Informationsflusses
- Preparation of the temporal development and comparison of decentralized information stands for the representation of the material and information flow
- Determination of core causes of bottlenecks and cause-effect relationships
- Recording of overarching weak points
Classification of bottleneck causes - Targeted determination of activity fields
We offer a neutral, interdisciplinary analysis of core causes of bottlenecks across all company divisions and prepare them in a targeted manner.
- Derivation of suitable classification criteria for structuring the determined bottleneck causes (e.g. by process phases or functions involved)
- Assignment of the examined bottlenecks to the classification for the identification of central fields of action (e.g. increasing the quality of the planning basis)
- Examination of the generalizability of bottleneck causes (e.g. transferability to other supply chain configurations and parts groups)
- Derivation of overarching fields of action to increase supply security
Measure derivation - Precisely tailored selection of measures
We support the derivation of individual solutions and the implementation of proven measures to increase process stability.
- Derivation of solutions in the identified fields of action (e.g. adapted planning processes, use of algorithms and big data methods, decision systems, proactive measures)
- Planning processes, algorithms, decision systems, proactive measures
- Use of internal and external best practices
- Evaluation of feasibility and effectiveness in the application context