Due to the climate change, sustainability is becoming increasingly important in politics, society and companies. The requirements of stakeholders like customers or investors for transparency about environmental impact are increasing – also in logistics.
With a significant and increasing share of global greenhouse gas emissions, the focus is increasingly on transport. The transparent reporting of emissions caused and the well-founded derivation of reduction targets are now frequently expected by industrial and trading companies and demanded by commissioned logistics service providers. With extensive methodological competence and project experience, ITCL supports you in the sustainable orientation of your logistics.
Set standards - Selection of relevant accounting standards
With our expertise we support the targeted selection of the emissions to be considered and the quality standards to be met.
- Selection and evaluation of the pollutant emissions to be considered such as CO2, particulate matter and NOx as well as additional environmental impacts such as noise in comparison with accounting standards and the requirements of the respective stakeholders
- Determination of the calculation methodology to be used, taking into account the resulting options for action
- Selection of suitable and recognised standards for validating the procedure and assessing the quality of accounting, e.g. GHG Protocol or DIN EN 16258
- Determination of organizational and process-related system boundaries, e.g. differentiation to suppliers and customers
Creating transparency - Accounting methods and query standards
We implement with you transparent accounting procedures for transport and real estate that are tailored to your requirements.
- Balancing according to requirements with the help of the Green Logistics Assessment procedure
- Evaluation and weighting of ecological and social factors (e.g. by environmental impact points)
- Prioritization of action fields according to processes on the basis of the share of environmental impact points
- Environmental logistics planning and measurement of the eco-efficiency of standard supply processes
- Compatibility check and integration into information systems for an integrated accounting and valuation solution
- Implementation of standards for the cross-company exchange of accounting relevant data with logistics service providers
Set targets - Realization of sustainability contribution
We work with you to develop suitable evaluation and comparison indicators and derive company-specific reduction targets.
- Support in the development of an holistic sustainability strategy for logistics
- Derivation of specific reduction targets for logistics from strategic corporate goals
- Structuring and hierarchization of ecological, economic and social key figures as a basis for target and control systems
- Development of an holistic key performance indicator system for sustainability
- Determination of evaluation and comparative key figures of ecological efficiency
Prioritizing measures - Precisely tailored selection of measures
We support the derivation of individual solutions as well as the implementation of proven measures for the realization of holistic sustainable processes in your company.
- Derivation of action fields by efficiency comparisons (e.g. of transport realization)
- Evaluation of the feasibility and effectiveness of measures in the application context
- Company-specific evaluation of the eco-efficiency of innovative technologies
- Systematization of technologies and measures for logistics processes (truck, rail, air freight, sea freight, intralogistics) and evaluation of their sustainability impact
- Sustainability assessment of logistics service providers in tendering and awarding logistics services (systematic derivation of requirements, data request and validation, qualitative and quantitative evaluation, result preparation and decision support)